Digital Careers, part of the Digital Recruitment Company is currently working with a global technology distributor in solutions across security, networking and data. They are a company that is transforming technology and its supply chain through cloud, services and global deployment.
The web designer is working very closely with the Digital Marketing Specialist who is essential in providing digital marketing support and development across the business’ EMEA region. The role will cover working with the marketing team to help design, development and management of marketing campaigns and content across email, web and social media.
The responsibilities of the role:
- The candidate will put the user first; challenging user journeys and using a consistently ‘friendly’ approach to deliver modern and easy-to-use online experiences
- Working to project deadlines, including translation of project requirements into technical specifications and providing accurate timeframes and timely updates
- Designing widgets and web forms, from idea conception through to development – and ongoing maintenance
- Ensuring integration of web assets and ecommerce platforms with various internal systems
- Ongoing support and maintenance of the company website, including wireframe conception through to interactive prototypes and finished web pages
- Creating email HTML templates, including bespoke email campaigns and newsletters
- Be the ‘Brand Guardian’, ensuring brand guidelines and tone-of-voice are adhered to in all output
- Be the ‘bridge’ between user-focussed steering groups and the development team, taking responsibility for completed work
- Liaise with creative agencies where necessary
Experience and skills:
- Essential: HTML5, CSS3, SVG, HTML, jQuery
- Essential: Extensive experience in responsive design, cross browser and cross device production
- Preferred: Photoshop Illustrator/InDesign
- Evidence of academic or professional achievements will help, but strong experience and a healthy portfolio will be important for the successful candidate.
- Team-player who works well with the Marketing and Development teams
- Hands-on self-starter who is looking to make a real impact
- Ability to deliver under pressure
- Flair and innovation are key attributes for the successful candidate
- Ability to understand business strategy, and interpret this into creative work
- Evidence of strong stakeholder management, including managing multiple projects with
The Digital Recruitment Company is an Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.