Digital Careers, part of the Digital Recruitment Company is currently working with a multi-billion-pound pension UK Financial Service company. They are one of the largest pension companies in the UK across care, medical underwriting and retirement income.
With a huge investment into a new digital division they are setting up a brand-new garage to help develop, build and improve their digital brand and marketing on a digital level.
The successful candidate will have 4 years’ experience as UX Designer, Consultant and Architect who can help formulate the UX vision across all digital channels of the client. You will excel at providing both highly analytical as well as highly creative ideas to a design engagement. This is an exciting opportunity to help re-design the experience architecture across multiple channels for highly valued financial sector client. You will work extremely closely with the Digital and Innovation labs as well as a User Researcher to ensure the delivery of high quality and highly engaging projects.
The responsibilities of the role:
- Executing interaction design and visual design as a part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Collaborating on user experience planning with a digital design team
- Consulting with clients and leading UX design and information architecture workshops and user testing
- Create award winning digital experiences through gathering requirements, defining user journeys and creating wireframes across multiple projects
- The successful candidate is expected to work across UX and UI Design and bring User Experience design thinking to all projects. We expect you thrive in a collaborative, multi-disciplinary team including designers, strategists, technologists and project managers.
- Design documentation in the form of specifications and guidelines (wireframe annotations, global templates, components and element behaviour)
- Regularly review work with the Innovation team to collect feedback on direction and ensure work is well aligned with others
- Research and stay abreast of user experience, User-Centred Design, and interaction design trends across platforms
- Ability to conceptualize innovative design solutions based on business goals and user needs by sketching the UX and then evolve them into interactive prototypes for concept validation
- Plan and conduct user research in collaboration with a User Researcher and Head of Innovation
Experience and skills:
- Proven experience applying User Centred Design methodologies for software and web applications that leverage emergent technologies, consumer electronics and/or mobile devices
- Working knowledge of web design best practices, focusing on responsive, adaptive and fluid design across multiple devices and screen types
- Fluent in creating information architecture documentation including sitemaps, user flow diagrams, wireframes, and prototypes
- Good-level understanding of user interface design patterns and standard UCD methodologies
- Experience conducting and facilitating user research in a laboratory setting as well as remote or online testing.
- Experience with a variety of design and presentation tools such as Sketch, Adobe Creative Cloud, Axure, Omnigraffle, Keynote, Word, and Excel
- Ability to convey your ideas via strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills to all levels of seniority and disciplines
- Attention to detail in all internal and client-facing documentation
- Ability to manage projects along with a proven ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and thrive in a fast-paced environment, and react quickly to changes in direction
- A team player, with a can-do attitude
The Digital Recruitment Company is an Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.