We are currently working with an innovative global university who help over 2,000 businesses to grow quicker each year. They proudly partner with organisations to deliver a spectrum of educational and commercial projects and have campuses and partners all-round the UK and overseas.
About this role:
To champion the student experience by creating and delivering differentiated and brand defining experiences across multiple device interfaces and touchpoints.
- As a pivotal member of the Digital Experience team you will champion the applicant and student experience at all times, helping the University design and deliver services that solve complex people and educational issues from strategy to execution.
- Determine the overall design process, guiding product owners, directing designers and third-party agencies in each step of the UX process, including project planning, discovery, user research and analysis, requirements definition, conceptual design, content planning, interaction planning, interaction specification, and UX standards.
- Lead the delivery of an end to end design project for a channel or product and assist in the management and delivering of large projects.
- Experiment and test ideas that will create new opportunities for engagement and conversion of prospective students and applicants.
- Lead and collaborate with teams across professional services and faculties to design the products and services that enable our Students to engage with the University, their lectures, peers and to maximise their opportunities and potential for success and learning whilst studying at the University
- Formulate and test hypothesis based on research, insights and intuition by bringing different elements of the University together in facilitated workshops or delivery teams to explore and test your assumptions.
- Create design concepts, UX journey maps, wireframing and user/task flows for new products/services or to articulate new approaches and improvements to existing student experiences.
- Steer the gathering and collation of user research and take the insight to feed into rapid design, prototyping and testing cycles.
- Present, explain and justify design solutions and decisions to multi-disciplinary teams and stakeholder groups, including the Digital Experience Board, CMT, and Digital Strategy Delivery Group.
- Act as a trusted expert in all aspects of designing multi-channel digital experiences with the ability to synthesize information and findings in order to communicate your vision and ideas to a range of audiences.
- Contribute to the development of your own and team’s experience design and technical acumen by keeping up to date with developments in user experience and wider digital fields.
- Such other duties temporarily or on a continuing basis, as may be required, commensurate with your grade.
- Significant experience in a similar role
- Experience working in cross-functional teams
- Successful project management experience
- Portfolio of project examples
- Testing and iterating must be an inherent part of your approach
- Able to demonstrate mastery of HCD/UX principles and practices
- Proficient in use of rapid prototyping and design tools eg. Sketch, Invision, Adobe CC
- Working knowledge of HTML, JS
- A/B testing and/or CRO knowledge
- UX metrics, data analysis and reporting skills
- Confident verbal and visual communicator
- A natural problem solver
- Good appreciation of emerging trends in digital media and their use in marketing communications
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Ability to communicate and negotiate with staff at all levels across our University