The Digital Recruitment Company is working with a fantastic governing body who provides strategic leadership and vision for protecting and improving the nation’s health. Its ambition is to lead nationally and enable locally a transformation in the health expectations of all people in England regardless of where they live and the circumstance of their birth. It will achieve this through the application of research, knowledge and skills. It is a distinct delivery organisation with operational autonomy to advise and support Government, local authorities and the NHS in a professionally independent manner.
You will be working to generate the feedback and insight needed to build a clear picture of our users and deliver solutions that we need. You will support product managers by generating new and useful user insights and translating it into features and actions that will allow us to iteratively improve the service for users.
You should be experienced in using a variety of user testing methodologies to reveal actionable customer insights. You will have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, and the ability to quickly develop recommendations based on quantitative and qualitative evidence. You will need to be confident in explaining user needs to senior civil servants and for acting as a persuasive advocate for those needs both within the team and the department at large. You will also be comfortable working with data, from gathering and analysis through to design and presentation.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Planning, designing and conducting in-house usability testing sessions to support the design and development services
- Leading the usability testing process from developing user briefs through to test moderation, analysis and report writing
- Conducting in-house research to test new product and concept developments (including user requirements gathering and early stage concept and prototype testing, guerrilla research, and other approaches to ensuring the user need is fully understood in the service design)
- Working with product managers to devise appropriate research strategies to generate focused insights and to convert concepts into high quality stimulus material
- Working closely with designers, developers and Information Architect to turn user data into actionable product/service requirements that feed into prototype development, and influence product direction
- Designing, scripting and analysing ad-hoc quantitative surveys using in-house software licences
- Managing ad-hoc qualitative/quantitative research projects such as proposition development, visual identity and customer experience mapping
- Applying knowledge in human factors, ethnography, and the user-cantered design process to product and service design in an iterative development environment
- Presenting findings and related design/business recommendations and customer insights to senior decision makers
- Managing day-to-day operations with a range of usability and market research agencies with accountability for schedules, value for money and deliverables
- Promoting user centred design principles and best practice.
The Digital Recruitment Company is an Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.
To apply for this role please contact us at:
Alana Williams +44(0) 203 640 2133