The Digital Recruitment Company is currently working with one of the fastest growing business foreign exchange consultancies.
We are looking for a user experience designer with strong interests and capabilities in the design and development of engaging user experiences. The ideal candidate will thrive in a work environment that requires strong problem solving skills and independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication. This individual excels at providing both highly analytical as well as highly creative ideas to a design engagement. You will also have extensive experience in a fast-paced and agency environment. A thorough understanding of contemporary user-centered design methodologies is a must.
The responsibilities of the role:
- Executing interaction design and visual design as a part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Collaborating on user experience planning with a digital design team
- Consulting with clients and leading UX design and information architecture workshops and user testing
- Researching interaction design trends
- Researching technology trends
- Performing other duties as assigned
- Assisting the team with CMS updates when cover is required (holidays etc)
- Light project management duties
- Attending pitch/new business meetings
Experience and skills:
- Two or more years of user experience design experience for software, Enterprise web applications such as sharepoint which leverage emergent technologies, consumer electronics and/or mobile devices.
- Strong conceptualization ability, strong visual communication ability and drawing skills.
- Exceptional design skills, production value and attention to detail.
- Ability to create wireframes as well as visual design comps.
- Ability to write technical specifications and talk in depth with development teams.
- Strong working knowledge of Sketch or Axure for Wireframing and prototyping, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Fireworks, InVision and associated design tools.
- Ability to run UX workshops in the initial phases of project including User Research and Testing, Persona and Journey Mapping as well as the ability to write clear and concise User Stories and go into further technical detail where required.
- Experience with user interface design patterns and standard UCD methodologies.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of common software project management practices.
- Understanding of common software development practices.
The Digital Recruitment Company is an Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.