My client is a streaming media company with offices based in London, who due to recent growth and expansion, require a Systems Engineer to cover all our platforms and services.
The successful Systems Engineer will work within the systems team and the helpdesk team. They will also be heavily involved in providing support for all aspects of the company’s systems. This role is being advertised as a 3 month contract paying up to £250 per day depending on experience.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Day to day support and operation of the products and platforms (Windows and Linux based)
- Work as part of an on-call support rota
- Creating and managing support tickets
- Handle direct client/supplier communication
- Handle end user support with Windows/Mac/Linux
- Using monitoring tools and other support systems
- PC builds, configs & troubleshooting
- Regular trips to the local datacentre to carry out tasks
- Create and maintain documentation/procedures as required
Skills and Experience:
- Windows Server (2003 upwards) – diagnosis and remedial actions.
- Knowledge of Active Directory, Exchange, IIS and other Microsoft software
- Desktop PC upgrades and deployments, from Windows XP upwards
- Understanding of Network services (DNS, DHCP, HTTP(s) etc.)
- Knowledge in Network switches, firewall and router configuration
(Vlan, ACL, NAT, HSRP, VPN, Pfsense, RSTP etc.)
- Experience with Monitoring tools such as Nagios, Cacti, Zabbix
- VoIP setup and configuration, mainly Asterisk/Freepbx
- Mysql / MSSQL knowledge
- Basic knowledge of web scripting (php, js, html, css and others)
- Experience of datacentre operations
- FMLE / Digital Rapids / FFMPEG
- Understanding of Streaming protocols and technologies (RTMP/HLS/CDN)
- VMware ESXI setup and management (ESXi 5.5+)
- XEN setup and management
- Linux (Centos/RH) LAMP stack administration and scripting
- CCNA or CCNP qualification
The Digital Recruitment Company is an Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.