Digital Careers, part of the Digital Recruitment Company is currently working with a global pharmaceutical & healthcare company. They operate in more than 140 countries and their mission is to ‘make a difference’. They provide prescription medicines, vaccines, consumer care and animal health products. They invest heavily in innovation, product development and CSR.
My client is looking for a strategic and creative social media/community manager to join the growing Digital Communications Team. You will be responsible for accelerating our existing Social Media strategies as well as planning, curating and creating engagement content for our audiences. This role will also include a level of monitoring and reporting channel performance.
You will work across core areas of the business and will play a vital part in supporting the growth. It is a highly regulated environment so experience in this area is hugely beneficial.
You must have a passion for creativity and copywriting as well as being experienced across social and digital. You must be an organised team player who thrives in a fast-paced environment, can multi-task, take initiative, has strong attention to detail and possess a friendly personality.
The responsibilities of the role:
- Execute and build Social Media strategies (including Paid campaigns); collaboratively create, edit, optimise and post planned and topical content
- Plan and coordinate content across Social Media channels, ensuring it is timely, engaging and in-line with the organisations communications strategy. This involves management of the content approval process
- Develop and maintain content calendar(s) for the UKSocial Media channels
- Respond and engage in questions in a professional Social Media tone of voice
- Be a subject matter expert; provide insight about trends, issues, competitive activity, opportunities and threats within the Social Media remit
- Continually evaluate and enhance our Social Media effort
- Attend and lead regular editorial meetings, including the presentation of concepts
- Support live coverage (on-sit or remote) of events and conferences
Experience and skills:
- Passion for, and solid knowledge of, Social Media platforms, backed up by at least 2-years of experience managing Social Media channels.
- Experience in Pharmaceutical or other highly-regulated industries is preferred e.g. Healthcare, financial services
- An understanding of the role of Social Media within the wider marketing and communications mix
- Experience with creating, and managing the creation of, content for major Social Media channels
- Strong stakeholder and project management skills including at a senior level and cross functionally
- Good understanding of the role of Paid promotion in Social Media marketing
- An understanding of data-analytics, including knowledge of Social Media management software platforms such as Brandwatch (training will be provided)
- Strong editorial writing skills, plus impeccable spelling and grammar
- Strong communications and presentation skills
- Simple design skills a bonus e.g. Photoshop, InDesign
- Can-do attitude, collaborative and ambitious
The Digital Recruitment Company is an Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.