Digital Careers, part of the Digital Recruitment Company is currently working with a leading international property services with over 20,000 staff worldwide. This is a great opportunity for anyone as they are just starting up their digital sector.
My client is looking for a social media specialist to work closely within the B2B division of its UK business. You be responsible for managing all social media channels as well as advise on social media best practise. Your main objective will be to grow awareness of the company’s B2B brand and complement the wider business areas.
You will liaise closely with PR and wider marketing teams in order to provide expert recommendations to senior stakeholders. You will be a social media ambassador for the business and will have responsibility of all social media projects including social media content and community management.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Plan and manage organic UK B2B social media activity across channel management and content
- Be the go-to-person for social media queries from the UK B2B divisions, including identifying divisional requirements and ensuring they complement and support business objectives at a global level
- Community management, including monitoring the business channels and related industry conversations, and responding as appropriate (with out of hours cover flexibility when required)
- Provide central support to global PR and marketing colleagues (primarily B2B), advising on best practise and company policies.
- Identify and build relationships with relevant external social media influencers, working closely with the B2B PR team
- Analyse and report on the performance of the companies social media spaces
- Develop social media training materials and guides; assist with internal education on social media best practice and social media policies
- Advise on paid social media campaigns with B2B Marketing
- Assist with the identification of industry trends in order to develop social media best practice
- Proactively contribute to the development of the social media team and the support it provides to the business
- Provide team cover and support for the Social Media Manager in the B2C team.
- Hands on experience of managing social media channels on a daily basis for a high profile B2B brand
- Expert understanding of owned, earned and paid media and how social media fits with PR, marketing and customer services
- Expert user of social media management tools (e.g. Hootsuite or similar)
- Knowledge of social media listening tools and compiling social media reports
- Excellent and engaging presenter
- Highly motivated, extremely organised with a high attention to detail
- Ability to form successful working relationships with colleagues across a large scale business
- Ability to work calmly under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Crisis management experience
- Experience in the commercial property sector or related professional services
Ideally you will have at least 3 years’ experience in a social media role for a high profile B2B brand, either agency side or in-house. Degree level education preferred, however relevant work experience will be considered. Candidates with a background in journalism (NCTJ accredited or similar) or Public Relations will be highly considered.
The Digital Recruitment Company is an Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.