Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £24,000 – £30,000 (DOE)
Consultant: Dylan Billings
The Digital recruitment company are representing the world’s leading marketplace for international student housing who are helping students find their perfect home abroad. With over 1,000,000 vacancies in more then 400 cities, they have already helped tens of thousands of students from more than 130 different countries.
They are looking for a SEO Executive to work across all elements of SEO from keyword research and technical audits to competitor analysis. You will own Search Engine Optimisation and deliver the SEO strategy, ensuring an effective return on investment and the continued maturity of the website.
The responsibilities of the role:
- Perform SEO focused analysis around industry, competitors and search trends to influence strategy development.
- Take ownership of recommendations, communicating these effectively internally and monitoring implementation and impact.
- Be prepared to teach other team members across offices of best practice SEO activities and actively share knowledge.
- Get leadership buy-in for SEO projects.
- Perform ongoing keyword discovery, expansion and optimisation.
- Identify need of additional page and/or content creation and creation of new pages.
- Keeping informed of latest search engine policies and algorithm updates.
- Link analysis and development to include overall internal link structure.
- Conduct full technical site audits and discuss recommendations with in-house developers.
- Provide solutions to complex on-site technical errors such as – Server Errors, 404 Status code errors, Redirect and Canonical errors, Robots file commands.
- Have good knowledge of HTML and technical related tasks – using systems like Screaming Frog or Deep Crawl to assess problems on site and resolve them.
- Work with the Head of Digital Marketing to develop tactics targeted towards improving KPI performance.
- Reporting against agreed KPI’s on weekly, monthly and quarterly basis.
Experience and skills:
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in an SEO role.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Outstanding attention to detail and the ability to identify and resolve problems.
- Strong knowledge of the best practice technical approach to SEO and experience of delivering technical change with in-house developers.
- Strong understanding of targeting based SEO (Site structure, on-page optimisation, keyword focussed copy).
- Strong knowledge of onsite elements (Canonical Tags, Structured Data, Robots.txt, hreflang etc.).
- Good grip of the power of online PR and social media in aiding SEO.
- Experience managing or working with a Content Management System (CMS).
- Experienced with Google Analytics, SEMRush, MOZ, Majestic SEO, ahrefs, Webmaster tools.
- Experience in international SEO is a plus.
- Passionate and driven individual, who can demonstrate their enthusiasm for digital marketing and is keen to learn.
The Digital Recruitment Company is an Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.
To apply for this role please contact us at:
0203 640 2133