The Digital Recruitment Company is currently working a global company pushing breakthrough innovations that reach into all corners of their society.
Their research and development is focused with the Healthcare sector; combined with the global assets and capabilities that enable them to deliver rapid and innovative solutions that bridge their physical and digital worlds. The Design Lab sits within the wider Research and Development Division which is at the forefront of our customer co-creation projects to develop breakthrough digital products and service solutions across Healthcare. Service and Experience Design is being pushed as a catalyst for growth and effective business and social outcomes.
They are looking for an experienced User Experience Researcher and Designer to join a multidisciplinary team and subject experts to lead the design and development of a Digital Control Centre within a Smart Hospital environment.
The end solution will allow front line to executive level hospital staff to get relevant information in the right context at the right time to make better decision on how to deliver better care, while improving efficiencies, and increasing satisfaction. The solution will combine a digital platform (that makes use of different scenario simulations to identify bottlenecks and optimise the situation) with operational and organisational change. The solution will be co-created with care staff from across the ecosystem to meet the needs of the users, support staff ways of working and deliver patient outcomes in a safe and sustainable manner.
The role will be to lead the User Experience Design activities within the project that include, understanding user needs and requirements, designing and user flows through digital touchpoints, prototyping digital solutions and developing detailed UI wireframes that will feed into the digital platform development and UI design touchpoints for staff within the hospital.
You will bring your proactive and positive attitude to dive into work that could change lives as part of a core innovation and programme delivery team. The role will support the development and implementation of a user-centred design methodology that integrates design thinking with lean management and agile digital development practices.
This role sits within Research and Development organisation and offers an exciting opportunity to be involved in a variety of different areas of innovation of global significance, especially around ‘smart spaces’; be part of a leading-edge team; as well as contributing to an increasingly important business division of the Group.
The responsibilities of the role:
- Lead UX activities working collaboratively with colleagues from Service and UI design, enterprise architecture, big data, engineering, business analysts to design, prototype and build digital service experiences and customer journeys.
- Design digital user experiences that deliver meaningful and delightful interactions to users.
- Conduct user observations and research on user flows on client sites to identify pain points of current digital products and recommend improvements. Carry out usability and accessibility assessments.
- Provide standard documentation and UX assets, including user experience flows, schematics, personas and scenarios, storyboards, wireframes, experience prototypes and user testing.
- Plan, design and deliver engaging co-creation activities and workshops.
- Liaise and deliver presentations of progress and outcomes to programme boards and stakeholders.
- Maintain a current knowledge of relevant UX best practice developments and actively share knowledge.
- Lead the planning, management and reporting of tasks and deliverables.
- Travel within Europe and Japan dependent on project needs
- A sound awareness of the business and project constraints as they apply to UX design.
- Excellent qualitative research skills with the ability to draw out insights and latent user needs from complex scenarios.
- Ability to understand our clients/stakeholder requirements and end user needs, producing deliverables and provide presentations that reflect that understanding and are persuasive.
- Ability to take initiative, plan projects and accurately report progress while monitoring risks.
- Strong conceptualization and visual communication ability.
- Ability to create wireframes as well as visual design representations.
- Strong working knowledge in Design relevant software packages e.g. Adobe Suite, Sketch, OmniGraffle or equivalent.
- Understanding of common software project and risk management practices
- Understanding of common software development practices.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Languages: English proficiency (essential),
Experience and skills:
- 5+ years’ experience working in agile delivery teams (agency or in-house) to deliver digital design projects within defined timeframes and budgets.
- Previous experience of projects delivering digital solutions in complex service infrastructures.
- Proven experience of national projects delivering digital solutions in complex service infrastructures and working alongside digital development teams.
- Previous experience in the healthcare field.
- Previous experience of digital transformation within large scale enterprise organisations.
- Previous experience of working with digital teams around Big Data and analytics, and Internet of Things.