The Digital Recruitment Company is currently working a global company pushing breakthrough innovations that reach into all corners of their society.
They are about to embark in a new greenfield venture and keen to have outstanding individuals to join and bring their plans to fruition. As a Senior System Engineer, you will involve yourself within new technologies and projects where supporting social innovation commercial, which allows the deployment of new innovations to highlight society’s principal challenges such as; Decarbonising energy, execution of shrewder transport systems.
The successful individual will be working on range of projects such as creating a new IOT platform for the European isles. The company looks to achieve real-time energy system optimisation to reduce energy consumption as well as increase demand of renewable resources.
The company is building a high performance agile team to deliver rapidly high-quality solutions for the business consumers and partners. You should ideally be a skilled system engineer with exposure within a DevOps environment with the mind-set who can be fully embedded into the engineering team ensuring the success of this area.
The responsibilities of the role:
- Own the continuous integration tools and management of the business cloud environment.
- Create automated processes where possible for the build, test and deployment across the development, staging and production environments.
- Take responsibility for ensuring the security of the company environments in-line with industry standards and best practises.
- Directly support the engineering teams through set-up, configuration, maintenance and support of the team’s code pipeline.
- Support the technical building of solutions.
Skills & Experience
- Experience within a DevOps environment including container technologies such as Docker Swarm and Docker Datacenter for AWS.
- Considerable experience within Deployment tools such as GitHub, Bitlocker, Jenkins, Bamboo, Maven, Ansible, AWS.
- Extensive experience configuring and managing an AWS development and production environments.
- Practical experience:
- Microservices architecture (e.g. Lagom),
- IoT integration,
- Storage and processing of Big Data,
- Virtual machine provisioning and server build automation,
- CIS Benchmarks,
- Network security,
- Administration of source code repository and code build automation tools,
- Versioning and Release management
- Strong technical ability and a software engineering mind-set.
- Willingness and proven ability to learn new technologies quickly and effectively.
- Background in Scrum or Kanban environment
- Strong communication ability.