Must speak fluent English as well as French, German or Italian
Digital Careers, part of the Digital Recruitment Company is currently working with a multi-billion-pound Global consultant within asset management and construction sectors working with clients & projects such as HS2, The Shard, Google, Microsoft and Intel.
They are embarking on a very exciting phase of growth; to deliver Digital Transformation. This involves the delivery of new ways of working and digital products to support them. It will involve growing a global digital team which includes an in-house innovation and DevOps capability.
They want to grow a ‘start-up’ element to our culture so that we continue to stay ahead of the competition. They will be using the very latest methods, tools and technologies to enable our new ways of working and new Digital offerings to the market. They have funding; the challenge now is to deliver what is an exciting and disruptive Digital Vision.
As part of this they need an exceptional candidate to lead the growth of an internal DevOps team. This is an opportunity to develop with the role and grow a team which will have a pivotal impact on the business. The successful candidate will be based in the City of London and the role is Global in impact.
The Developer builds and continuously Improves our product offering, working to provide flexible feature-rich tools for our userbase.
- Design end to end solutions as well as continuously improving our solutions
- Work closely with our Product Ownership and Solutions Architecture teams, as well as our developers to produce solutions that are well built, easy to use, and match our users’ requirements
- Design software to solve user- and data- oriented problems
- Work to high quality standards with good processes including TDD, BDD and CI/CD
- Suggest and implement better ways to work with Azure, using knowledge you bring to the business
- Help evangelise Agile processes within and without the teams
You are an Agile-aware data-centric developer with a grounding of Devops, although you need not have been a Devops engineer before. However, you understand what is Devops culture, and the importance of infrastructure as code. You know your way around Azure, or have been exposed to it but know your way around AWS / GCS better
- A good grasp of Python (Through to 3.6)
- Experience of Cloud development and architecture, especially Azure
- Experience in an Agile environment
- Experience in multiple database architectures such as Document Store / RDBMS
- Solid track record in producing secure fast systems
- Experience designing APIs for applications to consume
Optional but beneficial experience
- Direct exposure to ETL and ELT through Azure
- Experience of working in a data warehouse / data lake environment
The Candidate Will Also Have
- great communication skills – written and verbal, able to translate complex data and information?concepts?or challenges so they are understandable by technical colleagues;
- ability to identify and manage, resolve / mitigate or negate complex technical issues and risks;
- ability to manage changing business and technical requirements.