Digital Careers, part of the Digital Recruitment Company is currently working with a global event organsastion who organiuse, produce and deliver award winning and innovative events. They have been around the last 70 years and have a network of over 500 global clients, 1,000 employees across 13 offices.
My client is looking for an innovative, forward thinking, digital specialist who can help deliver the businbess’s ambitious growth plans across the digital publishing division.
You will be joining the business at a pivotal time and will play a crucial role as we look to invest and develop both the publishing team and a number of key assets within the portfolio.
You will have full responsibility for digital development and digital (publishing) strategy across the portfolio of websites, magazines, directories, subscriptions and will be tasked to grow and develop our current offerings through new launches, digital migration, and strategic growth.
The responsibilities of the role:
- Lead the digital development of the portfolio of products
- Undertaking research, investigate and develop the publishing digital strategy
- Planning a roadmap of digital development across the portfolio working with teams internally as well as our external development company
- Website management: Create and manage briefs with the web development company across all products
- Lead and launch new digital membership / subscription
- Support the implementation of content strategy across the portfolio working with key stakeholders, editorial and content team members
- Work closely with the Publisher & Event Directors to ensure that digital activities are aligned with those of the rest of the business
- Monitor and grow KPIS across digital products including user behaviour; reporting and analytics and make development changes as a result
- Work closely with marketing team, to drive KPIs and digital development across sites, newslines,
- Work closely with the sales team to drive commercial digital developments with a specific emphasis on growing revenues and profitability across all brands, as well as audiences.
- Overseeing scheduling and fulfillment of digital sponsorship, reporting, interpretation of results across all media formats. Will include some hands on delivery and education of team members to deliver.
- Work closely with sales team to grow new revenue opportunities in the area of native advertising and bespoke partner solutions
- Responsible for driving new digital product development such as apps and video
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of the digital assets
- Monitoring competitor activity and keeping up to date with changes in the online and land based gaming landscape to ensure you are developing the best products and services for our customers
Experience and skills:
- Proven experience in a strategic digital publishing business ( news, insight, subscriptions etc)
- Strategic thinking and output
- Website development, management and launch
- Experience in digital businesses with multiple revenue streams
- Experience of driving digital development
- Proven understanding of the latest digital developments
- Problem solving in digital environment
- Business development ability
- Budget management
- Communication, relationship building and influencing skills both within the company and with external stakeholders
- SEO, analytical tools, adserver, DFP, Drupal, complex CMS systems
- Knowledge / experience across publishing, content, marketing, commercial, digital / technical delivery
The Digital Recruitment Company is an Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.