The Digital Recruitment Company is currently working a global company pushing breakthrough innovations that reach into all corners of their society.
They are about to embark in a new greenfield venture and keen to have outstanding individuals to join and bring their plans to fruition. As a Senior Developer, you will involve yourself within new technologies and projects where supporting social innovation commercial, which allows the deployment of new innovations to highlight society’s principal challenges such as; Decarbonising energy, execution of shrewder transport systems.
The successful individual will be working on range of projects such as creating a new IOT platform for the European isles. The company looks to achieve real-time energy system optimisation to reduce energy consumption as well as increase demand of renewable resources.
You must have a strong passion in creation innovative user-centric web applications. You will be working as part of a small dynamic team where you must be driven to tackle difficult to solve problems as well being able to focus on producing high quality work. They see an open approach to new technologies and methodologies as beneficial to this role.
The responsibilities of the role:
- Adaptable, versatile, highly agile and dependable member of the software engineering team
- Develop maintainable, high-quality and scalable web applications.
- User interface design and implementation.
- Contribute to creating and maintaining an efficient and collaborative development team.
- Apply a test-driven development approach and be happy to work and take responsibility for any stage within the software development life-cycle as required.
- Work closely with the team’s technical and solution leads along with business and partner stakeholders.
- Support the technical building of solutions – technology selection, design and documentation.
Skills & Experience
- Deep understanding of frameworks such as; Angular.JS, Django, React
- Additional experience with languages such as Java and Scala, Go, C# and C++ with python would be beneficial
- Mobile application development experience beneficial
- Practical experience developing web applications within a microservices architecture pattern and utilising IoT integration and the storage and processing of Big Data and Machine Learning.
- Cloud technologies (AWS or AZURE)
- User interface design and behavioural interaction – must be capable of this.
- Open to learning new technologies and able to quickly adapt to your work.
- Background in Scrum or Kanban environment.
- TDD – unit and functional testing.
- Practical experience of application and data security and protection.
- Strong Communication skills.