Digital Careers, part of the Digital Recruitment Company is currently working with a FTSE 100 company. With operations in UK, North America and Europe and with over 30million customers they are a truly global organisation.
- Engaging with the business stakeholders and recommending innovative solutions
- Supporting the work of Data Scientists within the Data Platform team to generate actionable insights that deepen our knowledge of our customers and help us enrich and improve our products and services.
- Retrieving, cleaning, and undertaking exploratory data analysis on the large data sets produced by our network of IoT products and business intelligence systems. (SQL/Python/Kafka/Elasticsearch)
- Conducting data analysis in a rigorous and repeatable manner and communicating insights effectively to colleagues across Connected Home.
- Mentoring junior resource
- Understanding our customers and the different sources of data we have available and how they can be used together to deliver fresh and useful insights.
- Delivering accurate data sets and analysis results in a timely manner
- Learning how to effectively use new storage and processing technologies as they are adopted by the Data Platform team.
- To continually reflect and improve on ways of working, to demonstrate better approaches to the process of analysis and sharing of insights. Always pushing the rest of the team to improve
To be successful in this role you will be or have;
- Educated to Degree level or have demonstrable experience within a similar role
- Strong knowledge and hands on experience of statistical modelling and analysis techniques (segmentation/clustering)
- The ability to understand a problem, select the right tools for the job, and to deliver accurate results
- Able to demonstrate a methodical approach to manipulating and analysing datasets; a background in a numerate discipline and a good grasp of statistics will help.
- An interest in understanding the IoT and how it can help our customers is essential
- A pragmatic outlook and won’t be deterred by the kind of messy data that is generated by humans and sensors
- Skills in data visualisation
- Previous experience in working with an open source stack , therefore experience in retrieving data from SQL databases and analysing it using Python (pandas, matplotlib) and Jupyter Notebooks is essential.
- Experience of extracting data from other data sources such as Cassandra, Kafka or ElasticSearch would be an advantage, but an interest in and ability to learn new technologies is essential
- Able to explain what you have done and what the results mean to colleagues from different backgrounds and professional disciplines.
- You’ll naturally seek feedback on your work and look for ways to improve.