Digital Careers, part of the Digital Recruitment Company is currently working with a very well-established bank in Cyprus. They were founded in 1976 and had the backing from Bank of America and Barclaycard. During the debt crisis in Greece rather than borrowing from the government this organisation was re-capitalised through investment from Hedge Funds and large US Tech companies.
The Digital Product Owner is a critical role to help the Bank develop a world class set of digital products to acquire, retain and grow its customer base over time. Being at the cutting edge of digital technology is a key area of competitive differentiation for this brand and we are looking for a commercial and ambitious individual to enhance the digital product management division. You will utilize your analytical skills, to document complex business processes, translate business requirements, whilst solving problems and working under pressure. You will confidently manage relationships with stakeholders, demonstrating strong communication and presentation skills.
The responsibilities of the role:
- Manage and develop the digital product set
- Oversee the complete product process from yearly roadmap to singing off user stories
- Produce and work against Product KPIs and objectives
- Set the overall product strategy, including owning the product roadmap
- Capture business requirements and write business cases to develop a product roadmap
- Prepare accurate and detailed requirement specifications documents, user interface guides and functional specification documents
- Drive strategic commercial decisions by having a 360 perspective on customer feedback and Business needs.
- Communicate and continuously improve our product development process across the product and technology organisation using Agile, Waterfall and other leading product management methodologies
- Facilitate recurring product strategy debates and scenario planning processes with senior staff to guide company strategy as part of Product Governance sessions
- Provide weekly status reporting for the projects and work-streams, highlighting any blockers or areas of significant risk
- Identify new and innovative product solutions to existing and future customer needs
- Directly product manage key projects
- Working with support and development teams to fix bugs, reduce errors and enhance functionality
- Prioritize and reprioritize User Stories within Product Backlog using collaboration tools
- Undertaking Requirements Elicitation with project stakeholders leading to the delivery of detailed requirements documentation comprising both Functional and Non Functional Requirements
- Creation of Operational Design including Target Operating Model and Business Impact
- Support in creation of Wireframes
- Optimize product performance through MVT A/B testing
- Leveraging UX expertise and MVT to optimize user interactions
- Direct UX/UI designers to build captivating interfaces
- Perform UATs
- Develop complex digital solutions for multiple customer segments with a range of customer adoption methods
- Develop innovative solutions that always put our customers first, in addition to developing a deep understanding of our digital experience to review and challenge existing protocols
Experience and skills:
- 8+ years previous experience in a Bank or technology organisation.
- A graduate degree or equivalent (computer science and computer programming or Digital technology degrees are preferable but not mandatory).
- Experience of working in an environment where work has to be delivered rapidly to specific time-scales.
- Proven ability to rapidly and effectively understand and translate stakeholder requests in product and business requirements.
- Proven ability to understand and apply industry knowledge, market awareness and strategic business goals to product strategy and planning.
- Good understanding of the technologies relevant to digital banking, FinTech and digital marketing.
- Extensive proven experience of software delivery in an agile development environment.
- Experience managing commercial and contractual relationships with third party suppliers and partners.
- Experience of web analytics use.
The Digital Recruitment Company is an Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.