Digital Recruitment Company are working with a global advertising and marketing agency who have a strong digital, social and content division made up on around 80 people here in the UK. They work with some of the world’s largest brands including HSBC, Unilever and British Airways.
The agency is looking for a highly Motion Designer to join their expanding digital team. You will need to be an extremely creative individual and passionate about all things digital. The Motion Designer will work as part of a team to contribute and work on a variety of projects, ensuring the highest standards of creative and innovative design input to projects. The Motion Designer will also need a vast amount of experience in Video and after effects.
The responsibilities of the role:
- Design and develop concepts from scratch and translate ideas into storyboards and style frames.
- Produce concept work using hand sketches or computer software to a professional standard.
- Source reference material and carry out research to illustrate the client’s competitor market and to illustrate brand personality, working with the interior and graphic designers in the project team.
- Liaise with our Interior and Graphics design teams for creative direction and produce concept work.
- Understand the importance of brand guidelines and balance this to develop creative designs.
- Carry out research to ensure that prosed materials and products are fit for purpose.
- Trouble shot and resolve any technical issues, which may arise.
- Produce written specifications/scope of works describing the project, including all schedules
- Assemble presentations using a variety of digital media.
- Working with the Digital Producer assist with project communication, including liaising with design teams.
- Attend client meetings and contribute to client presentations.
- Keep on top of trends in digital development and can incorporate these into design ideas.
- Continue to develop knowledge of retail markets, our clients and competitors.
- Develop technical skills and knowledge further and undertake training courses such as required
Qualifications and Experience:
- Proven experience working in a similar role
- A creative showreel demonstrating the breadth of your design skills.
- Highly skilled in Affect Effects, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Excellent video editing skills, using Premier.
- A keen eye for detail and knowledge of typography and layout.
- Strong creative skills with the ability to create a concept from a digital brief.
- Proactive approach to work, with the ability to take direction and work on own initiative.
- Good organisational skills and the ability to work on multiple projects running concurrently.
- Ability to work under pressure and sometimes to tight deadlines.
- Team player with collaborative work style.
- A good understanding of current design trends and of the latest digital innovations and best practice across digital channels.
- Experience of unusual delivery formats and multi-screen installations.
- Experience of projections and projection mapping.
- Knowledge and experience of producing content for retail.
- Interaction design skills and illustration skills.
- Client facing experience.
The Digital Recruitment Company is an Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.