Digital Careers, part of the Digital Recruitment Company is currently working with a global organisastion who are pushing the boudires in innovation, technology and IOT.
They have embarked on a global smart energy project and are looking to grow their software engineering team greatly. They are looking for a mid/senior Back-End Developer who will be involved across new technologies and projects supporting the smart energy venture.
You will work on a range of projects including the creation and development of a new IOT platform. You must have a strong passion for writing code and will be working in a small dynamic team.
The responsibilities of the role:
- You will be a highly adaptable and versatile member of the Software Engineering team where you will work within the Agile methodology principles
- Developing microservices that are scalable, maintainable and of high-quality.
- User interface design and implementation.
- Contribute to creating and maintaining an efficient and collaborative development team.
- Apply a test-driven development approach and be happy to work and take responsibility for any stage within the software development life-cycle as required.
- Work closely with the team’s technical and solution leads along with business and partner stakeholders.
Experience and skills:
- Strong knowledge of Java and Scala. Knowledge and experience of languages such as, C#, C++ and Go along with understood languages such as Python would be advantageous.
- Experience developing within a microservices architecture pattern
- Must have experience employing IoT integration along with storage and the processing of Big Data, Machine Learning and API development.
- Cloud technologies experience (i.e. AWS).
- Willingness and proven ability to learn new technologies quickly and effectively.
- Background in Scrum or Kanban environment
- Test driven development – unit and functional testing.
- Practical experience of application and data security and protection.
- Strong communication ability.
The Digital Recruitment Company is an Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.