Digital Careers, part of the Digital Recruitment Company is currently working with an award winning international agency who support a variety of consumer brands to increase value for their customers. They are an agency who with a data driven approach, technology expertise and creative mindset allows them to deliver exceptional campaigns for their clients.
The Managing Director position is a great opportunity for an entrepreneurial individual who can take the agency forward to achieve the same success as its international partners.
This is the most the senior position within the UK team and you will be responsible for leading the team of 10 within the agency split across development, project management, creative and strategy. You will also be responsible for defining and executing strategies in line with the business’ objectives and goals.
You will report directly into the CEO and work closely with senior management in the agencies European HQ.
You will inherit clients brought on board at the start of the agency’s UK operations as well as work closely with a new CSD to secure new business. You will be fully accountable for ensuring the agency is profitable and growing towards its 3 year plan.
The responsibilities of the role:
- Provide leadership, direction and guidance to all agency activities
- Lead the team of strategists, designers and developers.
- Be the most senior representative of the agency in the UK to employees, clients and partners
- Develop a strategic operating plan and business case for the UK business to grow and mirror its success in Europe
- Maintain ongoing line of report with the CEO, Business Development Director and Operations Director at the agencies HQ.
- Closely monitor and report on weekly and monthly frequency to update on P&L performance.
- Charismatic leader who inspires, motivates and drives teams to ever greater performance
- Pro actively promote the agency, its identity, and work in business development opportunities, network events, at prospect events, with prospects
- Maintains a detailed and up-to-date knowledge of industry (competitors’ and clients’) activities
Experience and skills:
- BA / BSc Honours degree
- Proven business leader with a passion to a successful innovative business to the next level
- Charismatic leader with experience of leading successful sales and delivery teams
- Proven ability to lead as a coach/mentor ensuring teams can be successful
- Agency experiences gained in Digital and B2C Environments
- Extensive contacts and networks with brands/clients in the industry
- Experience in managing P&L’s
- Preferably CRM experience
- Experience in as Business Director, CSD or MD at a medium sized agency/ consultancy
The Digital Recruitment Company is an Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.