The Digital Recruitment Company is currently working a global company pushing breakthrough innovations that reach into all corners of their society.
Their research and development is focused with the Healthcare sector; combined with the global assets and capabilities that enable them to deliver rapid and innovative solutions that bridge their physical and digital worlds. The Design Lab sits within the wider Research and Development Division which is at the forefront of our customer co-creation projects to develop breakthrough digital products and service solutions across Healthcare. Service and Experience Design is being pushed as a catalyst for growth and effective business and social outcomes.
They are looking for an experienced Service Designer to join a multidisciplinary team and subject experts to lead the design and development of a Digital Control Centre within a Smart Hospital environment.
The end solution will allow front line to executive level hospital staff to get relevant information in the right context at the right time to make better decision on how to deliver better care, while improving efficiencies, and increasing satisfaction. The solution will combine a digital platform (that makes use of different scenario simulations to identify bottlenecks and optimise the situation) with operational and organisational change. The solution will be co-created with care staff from across the ecosystem to meet the needs of the users, support staff ways of working and deliver patient outcomes in a safe and sustainable manner.
The role will be to lead the Service Design project workstreams that include, understanding user needs and requirements, designing a vision and future service state, developing detailed service blueprints and prototyping digital and service solutions concepts that will feed into new operating models, digital platform development and touchpoints for staff within the hospital.
You will bring your proactive and positive attitude to dive into work that could change lives as part of a core innovation and programme delivery team.
The role will support the development and implementation of a user-centred design methodology that integrates design thinking with lean management and agile digital development practices.
This role sits within Research and Development organisation and offers an exciting opportunity to be involved in a variety of different areas of innovation of global significance, especially around ‘smart spaces’; be part of a leading-edge team; as well as contributing to an increasingly important business division of the group.
The responsibilities of the role:
- Lead activities working collaboratively with colleagues from enterprise architecture big data, digital design and business analysts to design, prototype and build digital service experiences and customer journeys.
- Design project visions and ‘future state scenarios’ aligned with programme strategy and overarching goals for breakthrough innovations.
- Work closely with Lean Management and Operational Excellence teams to design future services that provide excellent experiences and deliver efficiencies.
- Explore user needs and validate existing assumptions through user research and interviews in the field by analysing user journeys, workflows, multi-channel communications, service and system operations.
- Engage multiple stakeholders to re-imagine new service experiences and value propositions and communicate these through journey maps, storyboards, blueprints and other service interaction proposals.
- Plan, design and deliver engaging co-creation activities and workshops.
- Liaise and deliver presentations of progress and outcomes to programme boards and stakeholders.
- Lead the planning and management of tasks and deliverables for yourself and a small team of other junior designers.
- Help build the capabilities and skills within our partner organisations through establishing a Centre of Excellence.
- Travel within UK, Europe and Japan and the US.
- Excellent qualitative and ethnographic research skills with the ability to draw out insights and latent user needs from complex scenarios.
- You’ll have the right mindset to identify key assumptions being made regarding people’s experiences and you’ll know how to go about validating and testing them.
- The ability to see the bigger picture while prioritising details to focus on.
- Excellent critical analysis and you are driven to seek evidence for basing design decisions on.
- Able to think through an end to end user experience considering a range of touchpoints
- You are resourceful and able to identify how to prototype service components to build a solid base of validated learning.
- Can demonstrate expert knowledge of service design methods and understand which are appropriate to a given situation when designing complex digital solutions and platforms.
- Excellent visualization skills.
- Proficient in Adobe suit or equivalent visualization tools
- Proactive and positive attitude to working in an agile team alongside, subject matter experts, business intelligence, dev ops and enterprise architects
- Excellent communication skills to engage with people in meaningful ways to overcome barriers and drive projects forwards.
- Demonstrate the ability identify value creation opportunities and propose solutions
- Languages: English proficiency (essential),
Experience and skills:
- 7+ years’ Service Design experience working in agile teams (agency or in-house).
- Planning, managing and executing projects within defined timeframes and budgets while managing and mitigating risk.
- Led a team to deliver expected results.
- Proven experience of national projects delivering digital solutions in complex service infrastructures and working alongside digital development teams.
- Previous experience of digital transformation within large scale healthcare enterprise organisations.
- Previous experience of working with digital teams around Big Data and analytics, and Internet of Things.
- Previous experience of working with Lean Six Sigma and Operational Excellence