Digital Careers, part of the Digital Recruitment Company is currently working with our client who owns over a quarter of the UK’s passenger trains. For more than twenty years they have been supporting customers, invested more than £3 Billion in rolling stock including more than 2000 new passenger vehicles. Their experience combines engineering and project management excellence with commercial and financial expertise. They are some of the most professional and experienced in the industry today. Our especially boast a proud history of innovation – introducing new products, technologies and manufacturers into the market and continue to invest in innovation through large scale projects.
Currently in need of Data Analyst who can get involved maintenance and delivery of current data projects, reporting and dashboard building tasks, working in a SCRUM environment using Microsoft Software Stack technologies such as SSAS, SSIS, SSRS, Share Point 2013, Project Server 2013. The role holder will be supporting the Software Engineering Manager in delivery of systems, whilst fulfilling the needs of the competing business areas.
Ability to read and gather Business Requirements and create Prototypes is required using Tools such as SSRS Reports using Report Builder, Visual Studio Data Tools and Excel. Extend current existing reporting platform with Reports, Integration Packages or other related deliverables. Maintain backlog and extend new requirements, interact with stakeholders and bug-fix existing data projects.
Essential/Highly desirable skills:
• Experience as a Data Analyst (Management Information, Business Intelligence, Data Warehouse, Data Integration, ETL Packages) is highly desirable OR experience in
development but motivated to move into this area having had some exposure to it would be necessary
• Strong Microsoft BI tools and technologies such as SQL Server 2012 or higher, SSRS, SSIS, SSAS, or the equivalent for ORACLE, would be an extreme advantage
• SQL scripting experience is necessary
• Excellent Excel and other Microsoft desktop products would be an advantage
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage both internal and external stakeholders at all levels, including the ability to translate technological terms into simplistic terms for non-technological stakeholders to understand are an essential requirement for this position
• Ability to work collaboratively and share talent with other team members is essential
• Well organised with excellent planning skills is essential
• Confident in proposing and making decisions with significant technological impact in an appropriate communication style is essential.
The following skills and knowledge would contribute towards successful placement:
- Visualisation tools such as PowerBI, Reporting Services, Dundas BI, Tableau or QlikView
- Knowledge of OOP
- Experience with Web Services, Windows Communication Foundation, REST Web Api
- Unit and User testing, test automation and execution.
- Knowledge of MS Project Server 2010 and 2013
- Experience of change management in an IT environment