Our Client is a leading Marketing & Advertising Agency who uses the latest cutting edge analytics to help their clients increase product or market share.
About the role
Architecting & building a native modular iOS platform to deliver high quality mobile apps as a service
Your key responsibilities include:
- Working with product and design teams to build out both internal and client iOS Apps that are beautiful, performant and cleanly written.
- Building re-usable, tested iOS libraries for internal use across projects, allowing for abstraction and cleanly separated functionality.
- Architecting maintainable methods to add functionality to the platform without increasing complexity or compromising on flexibility.
- Ensuring all iOS apps created with the platform run smoothly and bug-free, creating and owning processes to prevent, find and eradicate bugs.
- Working closely with back-end team to ensure all apps we create take full advantage of backend capabilities and vice versa.
- Dealing with technical teams of clients to ensure smooth onboarding and on-time delivery of projects
- Maintaining and updating existing internal libraries to remain current ensure our products and the apps of our clients continue to uphold our high standards
- Collaborating with your team to decide which products deserve more attention and which products aren’t working out
It’s all about attitude. Dedication, enthusiasm, and innovation is exactly what this organisation is all about and love. They are shaking up the mobile industry, and welcome candidates who want to be a part of this ambitious journey. But it’s not just hard work: They also appreciate a bit of quirkiness and fun along the way.
Our Client is looking for someone with the following experience / skills:
- You must have B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or equivalent experience (self-taught welcome!)
- You must have at least 3+ years of object-oriented software development experience
- You must have used protocol oriented programming in a recent project
- You must have at least 2+ years building complex applications for the iPhone or iPad using Cocoa Touch, both Swift and Objective C
- You must have at least 2 years of iOS development experience building both UIs and Models / Data Layers
- You must be able to methodically gain an understanding of large, complex codebases and have experience debugging within such a project
- You must have demonstrable experience designing clean and maintainable APIs
- You must have an understanding of how threading works in iOS projects and be comfortable leveraging multi-threading to make performant apps
- You must be able to write unit tests as you go to keep significant test coverage within your projects
- You must have a deep understanding of UIKit, where performance bottlenecks lie and how to solve them to make smooth full-frame-rate experiences
- You must have excellent problem solving, critical thinking and communication skills
- (Nice to have) Experience with AsyncDisplayKit is a plus
The Digital Recruitment Company is an Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.
To apply for this role please contact us at:
+44(0) 203 640 2133