Digital Careers, part of the Digital Recruitment Company is currently working with a multi-billion-pound pension UK Financial Service company. They are one of the largest pension companies in the UK across care, medical underwriting and retirement income.
With a huge investment into a new digital division they are setting up a brand-new garage to help develop, build and improve their digital brand and marketing on a digital level.
Working for the Head of Innovation this is a new 12 month fixed term contract role, with a view to becoming a permanent role, to help support the facilitation of the Innovation Lab.
You will help the team manage various stages of the innovation process. You will assist in monitoring any initiatives undergoing experimentation and coordinate the activities being undertaken. Your role will ensure adherence to timelines, budget, metrics development and tracking and invoicing. Your creativity and strong communication skills will also help in the ongoing updating and co-ordination of the various stakeholders and participants. Key to this role will be an organized and logistical mindset coupled with the ability to work under pressure and in a fast paced agile environment. Be prepared to also have fun.
As you will be involved in the ongoing evolution of the Lab, your ability to promote the function, gain stakeholder support across functions and help the team drive initiatives end to end will support your ultimate success.
The Innovation Lab based in London (City Area), you will operate a distinct innovation culture that successfully incubates and accelerates ideas – collaborating and co-creating with staff, start-ups, business partners and insurers.
The responsibilities of the role:
The role holder’s accountabilities will include:
- Manage a systematic innovation approach, co-ordinating internal and external stakeholders to encourage and identify innovations with transformational potential.
- Assisting in the facilitation and documentation of the outputs from various events and experiments including customer research.
- Co-ordinate and arrange the Lab’s diary of events that allow the participants of the Lab to develop a deeper understanding of MVP’s and customers’ needs, drivers and challenges.
- Manage the Kanban Boards and other activity workflow within the Lab– maintaining the Ideas Backlog for collating, scoring and prioritising concepts.
- Reporting of learnings and experiments that creatively and scientifically measure customer desirability, technical feasibility and business viability.
- Day to day Vendor Management of managed services including invoicing and payment of the team’s costs and function budget.
Experience and skills:
The jobholder will have previous experience in team/project/office coordination including events and spend tracking, it would be ideal if they have some previous experience of working in a lean start up or a creative organisation where digital propositions are tested in an environment of lean approaches and agile delivery.
The role holder must have a proven understanding of:
- Strong organisational and planning skills, with a great attention to detail.
- Experience of co-ordinating multi-partner collaborative events/activities.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with a strong customer-centric focus
- Workshop design and facilitation
- Experience of Agile and / or Lean methodologies