My client is a one of the largest media and advertising companies globally. With their use of marketing and data driven technology has made them a market leader providing a wide range of services, including, Marketing Insight, Branding, Data Management and Governance, and Digital Design and Build.
We are looking for an ambitious and experienced Infrastructure Engineer to joining their growing tech team. You will be responsible for providing 3rd level support to the core compute and storage IT infrastructure. You will be part of a diverse organisation with huge opportunities and significant opportunity for continuous learning and progression. This role will be on a 3-6 month contract paying up to £400 per day.
The responsibilities of the role:
- Implementation and troubleshooting of VMware VCenter and ESXi 5.5/6.x hosts
Manage Memory, CPU, I/O, Performance tuning and optimisation
- High Availability, VMotion, DRS, Site Replication Manager
- Upgrading and Patching of VMware hosts, VCenter and VMware tools
- VMware Site Recovery Manager(SRM) setup and maintenance/testing of SRM recovery plans
- Powershell script maintenance and creation to assist with automation of admin tasks
Linux Server Support:
- Maintain optimal performance of both physical and virtualised Linux servers and associated infrastructure
- Maintain consistency and security patching of installed software and libraries required for in house and third-party applications
- Performance tuning and optimisation
- Clustering, high availability and load balancing
- MYSQL Database operations. DB backups, DB restore and optimization.
- Microsoft Active directory integration of Linux servers
- Maintain adequate backups of all Linux infrastructure
- Enhance Linux automation by implementing/using Puppet or CHEF applications.
Windows Server Support:
- Implementation and troubleshooting of Microsoft Servers (physical and virtual)
- Manage Memory, CPU, I/O, Backups, Performance tuning and optimisation
- MS Server OS Patching
- NTFS file server permissions
- Administration and maintenance of SAN and network storage, data protection and recovery, and BCP protection.
Experience and skills:
- VMware ESXi/SRM (VCP beneficial)
- Linux CENTOS (Linux+ or RedHat Certified System Administrator certifications beneficial)
- Microsoft Server OS (MCP Certification or higher beneficial)
- Backup Software (Eg: Symantec Backup Exec and Unitrends Backup Software)
- iSCSI and SMB SAN Storage (Eg: TINTRI SAN systems and HP Store Virtual P4000)
- Basic TCP/IP Networking and routing understanding
- Monitoring Tools (Eg: Nagios and Solarwinds)
The Digital Recruitment Company is an Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.
To apply for this role please contact us at:
+44(0) 203 640 2133