Head of Product Marketing
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: up to £80,000 DOE
Consultant: Alana Williams
Digital Careers, part of the Digital Recruitment Company is currently working with a tech based company whose SaaS is used to help salespeople close deals. They are a sales management business which is designed to help small sales teams manage processes. They work with some of the most well-known brands globally and have over 300 employees in 4 countries.
My client is looking for an experienced B2B/SaaS marketer to lead across Product Marketing. Working closely alongside the product management, demand generation and sales teams. You will craft messaging and innovative marketing programs, product positioning and marketing strategy that drives demand. The ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into business benefits for different audiences is crucial. You will also focus on sales enablement messaging and understand how our customers buy and their buying journey.
You will be responsible for:
- Product positioning: lead collaboration of marketing and product teams to develop and refine positioning and messaging that highlights what makes us different from our competition
- Portfolio and pricing: define and lead our strategy for a competitive value proposition supported by a strong portfolio of packages and pricing strategy to maximize profitability and product usage.
- Roadmap: drive the engagement with product management leadership to establish a continuous feedback loop to influence the product roadmap
- Launches: Lead our launch process and co-ordinate efforts between our Product and Marketing teams for smooth and successful launches that create impact in the market and amongst our existing customer base
- Product collateral: Lead product marketing team to produce positioning, messaging, visuals, and themes that differentiate our products; oversee creation and maintenance of marketing and support materials for various teams and needs; create a function that generates a steady stream of customer case studies and user stories.
- Sales enablement: Define the value proposition to internal sales teams and ensure that the sales team has the resources, tools and support to convey our value proposition to prospects. Develop and maintain sales collateral – sales scripts, battle cards, sales training materials, onboarding materials, etc.
- Product evangelist: establish ongoing, strategic relationships with relevant industry analysts; together with the product team, educate both internal and external stakeholders about our product features and their benefits; speak and present both internally and externally to promote the story of our product
- Customer insights: Be the strategic expert on our customer – what they need, want, care about; the needs of our software, its job, and the desired outcomes; barriers to readiness and adoption. You’ll manage prospect & customer research in collaboration with the Product and Engagement teams.
- Partner marketing: Oversee the way the brand is marketed to our various partners, and how 3rd party tools are communicated to our customers.
- Market intelligence: Be the expert by evaluating our competitors’ strengths and weaknesses with insightful analysis; help us understand the product categories we play in, along with a clear segmentation framework for understanding our customers.
Experience and skills:
- 5+ years product marketing experience
- Experience in B2B and/or SaaS related marketing
- Have an excellent and deep understanding of the customer journey and process
- You are well organized and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience in forming and managing teams
- Exceptional data, analytics and performance metrics knowledge
- Proven ability to translate technical features into customer outcomes.
The Digital Recruitment Company is an Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.
To apply for this role please contact us at:
+44(0) 203 640 2133