Head of Digital Marketing
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £60,000 – £70,000
Consultant: Dylan Billings
We are working with one of Britain’s premium cosmetic brands that continues to enjoy rapid growth and success in the UK and internationally. With a unique style, brand and culture they have consistently been able to produce high quality, award winning products across the world.
They are looking for a Head of Marketing to further develop the brand globally in the digital sphere, through the maximisation of digital e-commerce, both their own and partner websites, and through digital marketing and social media. You will work with the Global Marketing Director to interpret and translate the brand into the digital sphere. This role will act as the digital champion within the company, maximising all opportunities to create awareness and growth for the digital arm of the business and optimising return on investment.
This is a hands-on role in a small team, so a wide range of expertise and depth of experience is key. The ability to think strategically about how a small company can maximise its digital impact, through the correct selection of channels, content and spend decisions, underpins this role.
- Develop new business strategies for growth of the digital channels with the Global Marketing Director
- Determine annual digital marketing plan and budget for the company, following the overarching marketing plan, and working closely with other departments to ensure alignment of resources
- Maximise the effectiveness of the website through review of performance metrics and proposing and delivering strategies to drive traffic to the website
- Engagement strategies and maximising data capture
- Manage the data analyst to ensure that the website functions as required, with accurate and timely content update
- Lead SEO optimisation of the website, blogs and emails
- Maximise email effectiveness by ensuring that key words are planned, A/B testing is carried out and results used to optimise
- Drive measurable improvements in following, awareness and engagement in our global social channels
- As owner of the social channels, determine the global social media calendar planning, in line with the marketing calendar
- Work with the Creative Lead to brief out for content required to photographers, in-house designer, and micro-influencers/UCG and source inspiration imagery
- Continually monitor social activities of competitive brands to assess most engaging, effective content
- Build relations with other media and/or brand partners to secure partnerships, takeovers and focus to increase overall reach and productivity
- Take the lead on all strategies across Display, Search and Social paid media
- Brief designer on assets required, within planned campaigns
- Propose new options to continue to grow awareness of the brand
- Work with account teams to ensure paid search strategy does not overlap with key retail partners
International & Key Retailer Support
- Work closely with Global Marketing Director and Sales teams to develop & implement strategies to grow our online followers in our markets outside of the UK home market, specifically Europe and Asia.
- Assist in development and implementation of digital marketing annual plans with our UK and International retailer partners
- Work with relevant teams in external partner websites to maximise P&R brand visibility and sales
- Work with the PR team to determine where influencers can help drive performance of any digital aspects of the company and implement an influencer plan and budget as appropriate
- Test the use of micro-influencers for content generation as required and determine ongoing user generated content strategy
Experience and skills:
- Well-rounded knowledge of all aspects paid & organic digital marketing, SEO, brand website management and the online customer journey, gained locally and internationally
- Knowledge of industry suppliers in digital & social spaces
- Experience of managing social media platforms in a commercial capacity, preferably in the cosmetics industry, with a strong understanding of how social media content can drive sales
- Good knowledge of bloggers and key influencers within the social media world
- Efficient and hard working with sleeves rolled up mentality and be able to think creatively to deliver within tight budgets and timescales
The Digital Recruitment Company is an Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.
To apply for this role please contact us at:
0203 640 2133