Digital Careers, part of the Digital Recruitment Company is currently working with a global investment management organisation who have operations in 20 countries and manage £1Trillion worth of assets for clients. They have over 7,000 employees and are looking to grow the brand-new digital distribution which has brought CRM, marketing and tech together.
Digital Distribution is a newly created team which consists of hand-picked individuals from Digital Marketing, Technology and the CRM function. They focus in disruptive innovation who believe that digital in Investment Management can be done better. They have MASSIVE aspirations however they are focused on four goals:
- To generate leads from existing or new clients
- To generate assets (digital sales from our key client segments)
- Provide clients and web visitors that want it a better, faster and more accessible service
- To shake-up the norm by developing new digital operating models to create a “new world order”
Their vision is simple. To create strategic advantage by being the best at digital. They are highly motivated, not your usual financial services stereotype, and thrive within an industry resistant to change.
Right now they are transforming the way business operates and to that note, they are looking for a super-strong Digital Product Owner to define and prioritise the features of multiple online capabilities coming down the pipeline. The product owner will also act as a liaison between the digital, marketing and other areas of the business to translate goals into online services that really make an impactful business. An example of the online products you could work on are as follows:
- The building of digital tools such as calculators and other services
- Landing page and microsite capabilities for teams to leverage in online campaigns
- The rebuild of a global website which involves multiple moving parts
- Online features such as cookie solutions ect
They would also expect that the Digital Product Owner works with the Head of Digital Marketing to uphold the vision of the department to ensure it fits in with the wider strategy.
This role would suit a proactive individual who is capable of self-starting and is able to communicate with stakeholders at all levels. The right person should have proven and demonstrable experience of digital products they have shipped as well as experience working in agile teams.
If you are a person who can uphold a vision, get the job done and has the creative mind-set to help us deliver the best digital products out there, we would love to hear from you.
The responsibilities of the role:
- Be in-charge of defining online solution’s that we build when it comes digital assets such as the website and other online assets
- Craft business goals and objectives into digital solutions and mock up light visual diagrams to help communicate your vision to stakeholders and presentations
- Interface with Marketing and Sales and other stakeholders to add items to the backlog
- Groom excellent stories to go into the backlog as “clean fuel” to really get the development team working on impactful initiatives
- Be involved in Daily scrums
- Product Own the build of your solutions in daily stand-ups to ensure a solid result in delivery
- Communicate to the Head of Digital Marketing about progress and developments in this area
- Prototype and test solutions to understand if we should use resource to operationalise these into our scalable digital platform (Adobe)
- Manage one person who can help you with lighter product ownership. You will also further this person’s knowledge and expertise
- Act as a champion to promote our mind-set which is:
- Being positive
- Fostering positive change
- Being different from financial services
- Having an attitude of “I can do anything with digital”
Experience and skills:
- A smart, hands-on and creative person, with previous experience delivering digital features, tools and experiences
- Preference to have strong Adobe experience.
- The energy and ambition of an entrepreneur who can self-motivate
- An individual that is user-focused who keeps the customer at the heart of everything they do whilst having a strong commercial awareness
- A person who is passionate about digital product development and constantly looks for ways to make things better
- A people person. You will be able to search for and collaborate in the business with a range of stakeholders
- A go-getter who is not afraid to get their hands dirty and dives into a project to achieve success by problem-solving
- A result driven individual who can “take charge” to manage the full development cycle of a product
- Someone who can balance technology, marketing, analytics and experimentation at all times
- Someone who can travel
- Very strong presentation and influencing skills are a complete must here. We need you to be able to sell the vision set by yourself and the Head of Digital and ensure its upheld
- Outstanding networking skills to work across teams and departments
- Someone who has very light deign skills to enable them to mock up a vision to enable people who are visual to understand what you are pitching