We are currently working with an innovative global university who help over 2,000 businesses to grow quicker each year. They proudly partner with organisations to deliver a spectrum of educational and commercial projects and have campuses and partners all-round the UK and overseas.
About this role:
To champion the student experience by creating and delivering differentiated and brand defining experiences across multiple device interfaces and touchpoints.
- Take responsibility for the delivery of projects and programmes of work, ranging from small to very large budgets, establishing and maintaining the correct structures to control and monitor project deliverables.
- Work closely with Product Managers to understand and agree priorities for their roadmaps, advising on planning/scheduling the work ahead of each iteration and monitoring and managing the deliverables and dependencies throughout.
- Lead project planning, scheduling, controlling and reporting activities for strategic, high impact, high risk projects, ensuring that comprehensive project, quality, and risk plans are prepared and maintained, providing challenge as appropriate.
- Ensure that realistic estimates of costs, timescales and resource requirements are agreed and carry out the monitoring of projects against these criteria, taking corrective action as necessary.
- Manage risk, ensuring that problems are identified at the earliest opportunity and that solutions are identified and implemented, in line with change control processes.
- Manage one or more project teams, developing and maintaining staffing plans for managers and employees involved and monitoring the deployment of individuals to ensure that they are contributing effectively whilst developing skills and experience.
- Work closely with the Project Management Office and other wider University programme teams to ensure dependencies between projects and other plans are co-ordinated and managed.
- Use extensive business knowledge to define the steps the business must take in order to accept and implement new digital technology-enabled processes, and communicate these steps to senior business managers, ensuring that they are committed to the change programme.
- Oversee the testing and release of quality product/service changes and enhancements.
- Initiate the business implementation plan, including all the activities that the business needs to undertake, to prepare for new technical components, technologies and business processes.
- Define, agree and document scope and create plans and other artefacts required to maintain project scope
- Capture user requirements to aid the delivery of high-quality projects on time and to budget
- Communicate with development teams to ensure project specifications and requirements are fully understood, detail and document workflows, process changes and use case for build and testing
- Assess the readiness of business units to complete the necessary transformation, and ensure that they deliver implementation plans, which align with the overall plan. Track and report progress. Define and manage activities to ensure achievement of the benefits described in the business case.
- Outline key business engagement messages that need to be communicated throughout the programme/project.
- Identify and assess mid to long-term risks inherent in proposed changes, to ensure any potential scheduling and performance issues have minimum impact on the provision of other services.
- Liaise with other managers within IT Services and within the business; manage expectations of all project stakeholders.
- Conduct planning sessions, scrums and retrospectives to continuously review and improve how we deliver. Ensure that projects are formally closed with handover to Operations making sure that, where appropriate, projects are subsequently reviewed, and that lessons learned are captured and action taken. Produce documentation to support these processes.
- Contribute to the development of your own, the team’s and the Universities PMO/Change functions technical acumen by keeping up to date with developments in agile project management, delivery and DevOps processes, and wider digital fields.
- Work in compliance of all our University policies and procedures and take local responsibility for implementation e.g. Health and Safety.
- Carry out such other duties temporarily or on a continuing basis, as may reasonably be required, commensurate with your grade.
- Significant experience managing complex projects and delivering end to end
- Track record of managing website design and development projects
- Hands-on experience with project management software eg. MS Project, JIRA, Trello
- Able to work in an agile environment and to take on Scrum Master role
- Familiarity with Content Management Systems, analytics software and other tools to support digital projects
- Experience working in agile cross-functional teams
- Worked with, and/or managed third party agency suppliers as part of blended delivery team
- Undertaken the role of Business Analyst and have been responsible for requirements analysis, writing proposals and functional specifications
- Technical background with an ability to address accessibility and compatibility issues
- Has a software development background
- Experience of managing front end and back end layers within a software project
- Experience of working with Sitecore CMS
- Spoken/presented at conferences
- Mentored or coached others