Working with one of the largest financial journalism organisations globally the division provides print and online content for consumer and professional financial audiences and specialist information on the retail, personal and institutional finance industries.
The institutional Finance cluster has a portfolio of 11 digital products, comprised of content websites and databases. An area of continued growth is the production of multimedia content, in particular video, which has seen a rapid and sustained growth on 5 of the online publications.
An opening has become available for a Digital Production Editor to work within the digital publishing team; to take responsibility for the production of multimedia (video, audio and podcast) material and support the website products, ensuring projects are completed, deadlines are met, quality is maintained and new initiatives explored across the 5 titles
Main duties & Responsibilities:
Manage the production process for video projects;
- Acting as contact point and co-ordinator for scheduled internal and off-site shoots
- Filming material for projects
- Editing of basic material through to complex video footage
- Liaising with internal teams to ensure publication deadlines are met
- Overseeing production and delivery of video projects
- Liaising with external clients for content approval and assisting with any specific requirements
- Maintain the organisation and publishing of content on internal networks, video platforms Brightcove and YouTube
- Sourcing production resources/equipment, contractors and external agencies, when necessary.
- Keeping wider business unit informed about video activity and producing metric & performance reports for video content for regular reporting and as requested
- Working with the editorial, marketing and commercial teams to maximise exposure of multimedia content and optimise its performance through selected online channels and across various digital platforms
- Produce creative assets, animations and ads for campaign and brand awareness
- Supervising junior team members
- Assisting with updates and maintenance of web publication
- Ensuring all video related content sections are updated and accurate
- Producing and updating promotional areas of the various websites and associated microsites
- Working on ad hoc commercially driven content requests
- Research, explore and collaborate on new initiatives which will help support the multimedia commercial proposition, increase brand awareness and compliment editorial content.
- Liaise with internal departments including Design, Editorial, Sales, Marketing, IT across and also external clients/teams.
Experience and skills:
- Strong communication skills and an excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively in a team and independently
- A positive, proactive attitude with a flexible approach to required working hours
- Ability to multi-task
- Willing and able to travel
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Premier Pro
- Proficient in Adobe creative cloud suite software
- Working knowledge of Content Management Systems (CMS)
- Familiar with different video file formats and technical specs
- Experience of using broadcast standard camera equipment
- Knowledge of audio production
- A good knowledge of the internet and understanding of web production, SEO & usability
- An understanding of social media and multimedia delivery platforms
- Basic knowledge of HTML coding
- Working knowledge of Adobe After Effects
The Digital Recruitment Company is an Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.