Digital Careers, part of the Digital Recruitment Company is currently working with a UK wide blue chip Financial Services provider who are looking to continue the fast paced growth of their digital department.
As a Digital Product Owner you will take responsibility for the management of the consumer FS products on the website. You will focus on delivering a product experience that drives a positive commercial outcome whilst achieving a strong customer experience. Key to this will be co-ordinating across departments, including working closely with the scrums team and with the digital sales and marketing team, as well as other key stakeholders.
The right candidate will bring a mix of skills and experiences, acting as product owner but also scrum master for the FS team scrum.
The responsibilities of the role:
- Single P.O.C. for FS B2C products – responsible for bridging the gap between customer, business & digital delivery teams
- Set a formal program of work and support the FS digital delivery team to deliver in-line with business priorities and values. Key to this in ensuring the delivery team has a full understanding of the backlog of work.
- Be a significant driver of FS digital sales targets, coordinating closely with digital sales and marketing.
- Capture and assess business/development requests and with the help of the scrum team produce user stories and acceptance criteria
- Own and regularly manage and refine the FS backlog of digital changes – prioritising and making trade-offs on behalf of the FS B2C product area
- Sign off stories for release on behalf of the business
- Participating in Agile ceremonies
- Liaises with multiple key FS stakeholders (incl. digital marketing team, compliance, finance, product)
- Constantly keep a wide range of stakeholders engaged and informed of progress, including organising internal demos, retrospectives, backlog grooming, and refinement sessions.
- Providing and explaining relevant business numbers and objectives to the development team to connect them with the product and its customers to make informed decisions together.
- Brief, set up and analyse studies in understanding customer responses to existing and proposed online journeys, including usability testing, onsite feedback and competitor benchmarking.
- Along with digital design, ensures that all key developments are tested for usability.
- Define KPIs and actively measure performance – both quantitative and qualitative.
- Ensure customer centric creative/design within our website journeys which are in line with Group Marketing strategy, brand guidelines and regulatory requirements.
- Work with colleagues in call centre and webchat teams to ensure a consistent and optimal approach is adopted for customers switching from online to offline and vice versa.
- Sharing learnings and experiences with other product owners in the organisation (e.g. through community of practice)
- Responsible for holding and communicating the product vision.
Experience and skills:
- Deep understanding of digital product management and development
- Experience of successfully delivering change to digital customer journeys through development, delivery and analysis phases
- Commercial awareness with the ability to identify opportunities and issues and come up with appropriate and timely solutions.
- Understanding of customer needs/behaviours and user-centric design
- Experience in business process management
- Ability to work under pressure and at pace
- Strong skills in educating colleague son processes, implementing best practice and managing multiple demands through prioritisation
- Complete understanding of the Product Owner role within an Agile Scrum setting.
- Strong awareness and experience of FSC and ASA regulation
- Understanding of digital tools and technologies
- Demonstrates on-going development of expertise – able to keep up with new developments and coach and develop team members as required
- Good written and verbal communication skills, able to negotiate, influence, inspire and motivate at all levels.
- Displays flexibility, leadership and ability to deliver on tasks.
- Accurate, planned and pays attention to detail
- Agile Product Owner certification is desirable
- A good understanding of Microsoft Packages including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of JIRA and Confluence is desirable
The Digital Recruitment Company is an Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.
To apply for this role please contact us at:
+44(0) 203 640 2133