The Digital Recruitment Company is working with a fantastic governing body who provides strategic leadership and vision for protecting and improving the nation’s health. Its ambition is to lead nationally and enable locally a transformation in the health expectations of all people in England regardless of where they live and the circumstance of their birth. It will achieve this through the application of research, knowledge and skills. It is a distinct delivery organisation with operational autonomy to advise and support Government, local authorities and the NHS in a professionally independent manner.
We are looking for a multidisciplinary designer to join a growing user experience and service design team. You may call yourself a visual designer, a communications designer or something else, but whatever term you use, you’ll be a confident graphic designer, writer, and visual storyteller, excited about collaborating with other UX disciplines to design behaviour changing services.
We are looking for someone who is as passionate about using communication design to convey the approaches and value of our team internally, as they are about developing visual identities, key messages and interactions for external users of outputs.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary design teams to develop new communications, products and services
- Work on projects that spread across a range of media to interactive projects for screens, devices, and space as needed
- Create storytelling pieces, illustrations, presentations, and more
- Bring both a strategic eye and a depth of craft in Communications Design to the project team
- Bring inspiration into the organisation, and share it with the rest of the team regularly
- Flex your collaboration skills—working with designers of all disciplines on projects
- Create prototypes of different levels of fidelity to help determine design direction for a project
- Play a key role in developing the multidisciplinary user experience and service design team and capability.
- Ensure design work is consistent, both internally and with the rest of sector as applicable
- Contribute to the wider community of designers in government
- Fluency with Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- A diverse portfolio, featuring a range of mediums from online/on-screen, presentations to print, iconography and illustration
- 3+ years of professional experience
- Strong design fundamentals (colour, form, type, layout) and the ability to experiment
- Keen attention to detail and execution in craft
- Experience in web design and digital applications
- Excellent communications skills and professionalism
- The ability to thrive and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ideally, experience of working to government design patterns and guidelines
The Digital Recruitment Company is an Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.
To apply for this role please contact us at:
Alana Williams +44(0) 203 640 2133