A leading, independent agency based in London, creating engaging brands all around the world are looking for a talented Digital Creative Lead to join their growing digital team.
The agency is a collaborative team of retail experts offering strategy, design and innovation, defining imaginative brands and delivering engaging experiences for a new era of customer.
My client is looking for an ambitious Digital Creative Lead who with drive creative innovation and design excellence across the digital offering to clients. You will have proven experience of developing and implementing digital projects successfully within the retail space.
You will work closely with the design teams and will have the opportunity to lead interactive and digital solutions with the design projects. You will work across a variety of high profile projects, pitches and briefs ; ensuring they are delivered to an exceptional standard. You will work be working with conceptual creative teams to develop and realise their ideas and concepts into an engaging and attractive final output for a range of digital channels. The Creative Lead will need to demonstrate a solid understanding of the brand and have the ability to develop strong creative concepts to meet the commercial requirements of the client.
The role involves working closely with the Head of Digital Production to ensure for the smooth running of projects. A key element of the role will be attending and presenting at senior level client meetings. It is essential that the candidate is able to clearly communicate design ideas to gain buy-in and trust from the client. They will also be required to build strong client relationships in order to develop future business opportunities.
The responsibilities of the role
- Delivery of conceptual digital design across a variety of digital channels.
- Work on major projects throughout their complete lifecycle, from early concepts through to sketching and prototyping to delivery of detailed design.
- Produce a range of outputs including sketches, diagrams, screen layouts, working examples of ideas and concepts, and documenting aspects of the user interfaces you create.
- Lead innovative and creative digital projects and set the creative tone, commercial pace and style to a digital brief.
- Impart the brand into all digital creative output by developing a solid understanding of the look and feel and translate to all digital platforms.
- Lead the creation of User Journeys, mock-ups, prototypes and reference materials to achieve sign-off.
- Knowledgeable of the most up-to-date technologies and an eye on future developments and trends.
- Be able to talk and inspire about these new technologies and trends and keep our clients up-to date.
- Inspire and excite clients/teams about the possibilities of digital and how it can integrate into existing brands.
- Play a key role with internal brain storming sessions with creative staff to develop digital strategies.
- Work with digital programmers (freelance or white-labeled agencies) to create appropriate programming platforms to deliver the vision.
- Work alongside the Creative Head, Digital to ensure that digital design is at the heart of all ideas that flow through the Company.
- Responsible for the quality of execution and must come up with the best creative solutions achievable within budget.
- Liaise with others to ensure effective integration of digital projects across the business
- Work effectively alongside Design Directors / Project Lead taking their advice and lead to enhance client relationship
- Demonstrate a full understanding of each client’s business needs, brand values, guidelines and briefs and ensure all finished work complies with client’s brief and budget
- Work with the Creative Head, Digital to motivate and mentor more junior members of the digital team, as necessary.
Skills and Experience:
- A strong creative portfolio, demonstrating a wide variety of work.
- Experience of digital and brand development work in a fast paced creative agency environment, including some retail experience.
- Excellent design skills (strong ability to visualise layouts/ideas, strong typographic skills, an eye for detail skilful art direction of photography/illustration).
- Highly conceptual with the ability to create inspiring and challenging conceptual ideas for clients that work in an integrated way.
- Ability to utilise digital technology within a retail brand environment to create unique and progressive solutions for our clients. Ability to demonstrate a good understanding of interaction design principles, be able to translate business and user requirements into design solutions and understand the commercial drivers for success.
- Knowledgeable and informed, able to give opinions on digital technology opportunities for the retail environment.
- Ability to visually translate a brand into intuitive end to end digital experience.
- Experience of working with intermediary companies within the digital media industry.
- Passion for creativity & design from conceptual thinking to final output.
- Consultative approach to work.
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Proven experience of developing and maintaining strong client relationships.
- Experience of delegating and leading freelancers.
- Strong understanding of industry trends and best practice across digital channels.
The Digital Recruitment Company is an Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.