Digital Careers, part of the Digital Recruitment Company is currently working with a multi-billion-pound Global consultant within asset management and construction sectors working with clients & projects such as HS2, The Shard, Google, Microsoft and Intel.
They are embarking on a very exciting phase of growth; to deliver Digital Transformation. This involves the delivery of new ways of working and digital products to support them. It will involve growing a global digital team which includes an in-house innovation and DevOps capability.
They want to grow a ‘start-up’ element to our culture so that we continue to stay ahead of the competition. They will be using the very latest methods, tools and technologies to enable our new ways of working and new Digital offerings to the market. They have funding; the challenge now is to deliver what is an exciting and disruptive Digital Vision.
As part of this they need an exceptional candidate to lead the growth of an internal DevOps team. This is an opportunity to develop with the role and grow a team which will have a pivotal impact on the business. The successful candidate will be based in the City of London and the role is Global in impact.
The Devops Engineer designs and Continuously Improves our Azure landscape, working to provide secure manageable hosting environments for our tools.
- Design end to end solutions as well as continuously improving our technical architecture
- Work closely with our Product Ownership and Solutions Architecture teams, as well as our developers to produce solutions that are well built, and match our users’ requirements
- Work with our IT Director to define security standards within the solutions, and make suggestions for future improvement
- Manage our CI / CD platform and process (Partly built around VSTS)
- Suggest and implement better ways to work with Azure, using knowledge you bring to the business
- Keep our Azure environment cost-effective
- Help evangelise Agile processes within and without the teams
- Be an advocate for Devops Culture
You are an Agile-aware Devops Engineer with experience of cloud-based data ingestion pipelines, you may have been a developer before. You understand what is Devops culture, evangelise about it and the importance of infrastructure as code. You love and/or respect Azure, and recognise the key differences between it and AWS / GCS
- Experience of using Azure
- Experienced working in an Agile team
- Experience of Cloud development and architecture
- Experience of infrastructure-as code (e.g. Terraform, Ansible, Azure Resource Manager)
- Solid background with Docker in production
- At least 1 year working with Python
- Experience in multiple database architectures such as Document Store / RDBMS
- Solid track record in producing secure systems with minimal operational overhead
- Direct exposure to ETL and ELT through Azure
- Big data exposure
- Experience building / managing data lakes
The Candidate Will Also Have
- great communication skills – written and verbal, able to translate complex data and information? concepts? or challenges so they are understandable by technical colleagues;
- ability to identify and manage, resolve / mitigate or negate complex technical issues and risks;
- ability to manage changing business and technical requirements.