The Digital Recruitment Company is currently working a global company pushing breakthrough innovations that reach into all corners of our society.
They are about to embark in a new greenfield venture and keen to have outstanding individuals to join and bring their plans to fruition. As a Development Lead, you will involve yourself within new technologies and projects where supporting social innovation commercial, which allows the deployment of new innovations to highlight society’s principal challenges such as; Decarbonising energy and execution of shrewder transport systems.
The successful individual will be working on range of projects such as creating a new IOT platform for the European isles. The company looks to achieve real-time energy system optimisation to reduce energy consumption as well as increase demand of renewable resources.
This position would be ideal for an individual who would be interested in splitting their time between managing the development team, assisting in developing the products and solutions as well as building the technical architecture. You will be working as part of a small dynamic team where you must be driven to tackle difficult to solve problems as well being able to focus on producing high quality work. They see an open approach to new technologies and methodologies as beneficial to this role.
- Contribute to the technical architecture of solutions – technology selection, design and documentation.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the development team across the full stack of the solution.
- Have a passion for developing people and helping them to maximise their potential, through one-to-one coaching and team facilitation.
- Take ownership of the technical delivery of the development team.
- Have a focus on process, well planned sprints and delivered to the business expectations.
- Provide an expert’s depth and breadth of experience in building high availability, scalable applications and solutions.
- Ensuring the quality of code produced – identifying and promoting coding standards, test coverage, and design.
- Hands-on development – you will be expected to spend the majority of your time developing code so that you are fully integrated with the rest of the team and can lead by example, promote peer-to-peer review and mentor junior team members to help them develop their skills and experience.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience of development across the full stack from web and mobile applications to microservices and backend systems.
- Strong knowledge of Java and Scala. Knowledge and experience of languages such as, C#, C++ and Go along with understood languages such as Python would be advantageous.
- Experience developing within a microservices architecture pattern
- Must have experience employing IoT integration along with storage and the processing of Big Data, Machine Learning and API development.
- Cloud technologies experience (i.e. AWS).
- Willingness and proven ability to learn new technologies quickly and effectively.
- Background in Scrum or Kanban environment
- Test driven development – unit and functional testing.
- Practical experience of application and data security and protection.
- Strong communication ability.