Digital Careers, part of the Digital Recruitment Company is currently working with one of the top creative agencies in the UK having globally been voted agency of the year in a number of marketing magazines plus been ranked in the top 10 agencies in the UK.
They are looking to recruit a Design Team Leader to work on-site with one of their clients in Uxbridge. You will be from a print design background looking to develop your management skills and build effective working relationships with internal stakeholders across their brands.
The role will be split between print/large format design and team management, with a large percentage of time on design. You will be working across multiple brands and will need to be a brand guardian for each of these, ensuring the use of correct assets.
Reporting and working closely with the Account Director you will be leading a team centered around conceptual design, digital and large format design, with a clear understanding of the business and providing Management Information.
Person specification and key skills
- Excellent client engagement skills with the ability to proactively organise and influence clients and build strong and effective working relationships.
- Experience developing conceptual work and creative ideas, from scamps to final visuals and confident presenting concepts to the client
- Ability to optimize and work to processes to ensure efficient delivery of all projects
- Ability to effectively manage people through leadership and mentoring.
- To have previously managed a team, pro-actively manage multiple projects and work to tight deadlines. You will be coming into an existing team that requires a strong lead
- The ability to manage and filter workflow for the team as well as themselves, to organise and prioritise workloads to maximise productivity of the studio. You will also need to proactively host a daily WIP where you will present WIP to the client and team
- Knowledge of account management and invoicing, will be required along with associated platforms such as Microsoft Excel
- Ability to pull weekly GP figures, training will be provided
- Experience of providing the data for the Account Director for an accurate MI
- Knowledge of digital design and its requirements would be a benefit as you will be managing a digital designer
- Proficient adobe CS skills (InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office including Excel and Powerpoint