The Digital Recruitment Company is working with a fantastic governing body who provides strategic leadership and vision for protecting and improving the nation’s health. Its ambition is to lead nationally and enable locally a transformation in the health expectations of all people in England regardless of where they live and the circumstance of their birth. It will achieve this through the application of research, knowledge and skills. It is a distinct delivery organisation with operational autonomy to advise and support Government, local authorities and the NHS in a professionally independent manner.
- You will manage the agile delivery of digital projects, working closely with the product manager.
- You will be involved in supporting existing publishing service and improvements to digital services. You will work with a multi-disciplinary team and motivate the agile delivery to GDS service design standards.
- You will work across digital projects in a matrix environment.
- You’ll be adept at delivering complex digital projects, breaking down barriers for your team, and both planning at a higher level and getting into the detail to make things happen when needed.
- You will define project needs, enable resource to be appropriately allocated, and move blockers aside for your team. You will be core to decisions about the future of digital transformation, and building a high performing team, where team members are excited about the work they are doing.
- You will have opportunities to mentor and develop.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Delivering improvements to existing digital services using appropriate agile project management methodologies, learning & iterating frequently
- Work with the product manager to define the project and service roadmap and translate this into user stories
- Lead the collaborative, dynamic planning process to deliver and prioirtise the work that needs to be done against the capacity and capability of the team
- Follow agile project management practices for multidisciplinary teams; coordinate all agile practices using appropriate software and manage teams’ velocity
- Work with the product manager to forecast project finances, produce internal reporting and manage risks and issues
- Ensure all products/features are built to an appropriate level of quality for the stage (alpha/beta/production) and meet the Digital by Default Service Standard
- Remove technical and content blockers for colleagues on the team
- Mentoring (informally) more junior members of the team to help them work efficiently and to expected standards
- Stakeholder management: actively nurture and manage relationships with our internal partners and stakeholders, such as Internal Communications team
- Actively participate in the cross Delivery Manager community, sharing and re-applying skills and knowledge and bringing in best practice
The Digital Recruitment Company is an Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.
To apply for this role please contact us at:
Dylan Billings +44(0) 203 640 2133