Digital Careers, part of the Digital Recruitment Company is currently working with a multi-billion-pound Global consultant within asset management and construction sectors working with clients & projects such as HS2, The Shard, Google, Microsoft and Intel.
They are embarking on a very exciting phase of our growth; to deliver the business Digital Transformation. This involves the delivery of new ways of working and digital products to support them, based around their unique Data Assets. It will involve growing a global digital team which includes an in-house innovation, data and development capability. The business wants to grow a ‘start-up’ element to their culture so that they continue to stay ahead of the competition.
They will be using the very latest methods, tools and technologies to enable new ways of working and new Digital offerings to the market. The funding is there; the challenge now is to deliver what is an exciting and disruptive Digital Vision.
The Data Governance and Architecture Lead is responsible for developing our Data Architecture to achieve global consistency and understanding of our data as well as shaping, building and operating our capability to keep it clean. They will:
- work with business function leads to define and maintain an inventory of company information and data landscape, how it underpins business process, sources, ownership and strategic value;
- work with the business and leadership to design and implement an enterprise wide Data Governance framework, with a focus on sustainable data quality and the value of data as an asset;
- define data quality standards, measurements and monitoring and establish a framework for action, accountability and stewardship of company information and data assets by defining data roles and responsibilities;
- be a centralised point of escalation for all Data Governance and Data Quality issues and for the improvement of data as an asset;
- lead in the development of a data awareness culture for the business that results in the ability to access reliable and consistent data whenever required, to improve service quality and to increase efficiency and productivity;
- support in the drive to identify opportunities to monetise the data asset.
Experience and skills:
They are looking for bright talent interested in growing with our 3+ year delivery programme as well as playing a critical operational role in the business. you will have an appreciation of business operations and strategy (ideally in the built environment and/or consulting sectors) as well as a deep understanding of data, its quality, management and design (across people, process and tech).
The successful candidate will have experience of:
- data strategy development and delivery from a business perspective (how to derive strategic value from an organisation’s Data Assets through culture / behaviours / process / organisation and technology);
- data governance design, implementation and sustainability;
- methods and techniques to manage and improve data and information quality in an environment with a broad mix of structured and unstructured information and data;
- behavioural and cultural aspects of change related to improvements in data quality;
- data architecture design and implementation; information / data landscape mapping; logical data modelling;
- working within an agile delivery environment in collaboration with business change / communications managers, solution architects, product owners and a development team;
- master / reference data management methods, tools and techniques;
- tools and technology for analysing, monitoring, reporting and improving data quality.
The candidate will also have:
- great communication and influencing skills – written and verbal with ability to influence senior stakeholders and translate complex data and information concepts or challenges so they are understandable by non-technical colleagues;
- the ability to convey the relevance of data as an asset with tangible business value;
- ability to identify and manage, resolve / mitigate or negate complex technical issues and risks;
- ability to manage changing business and technical requirements.