The Digital Recruitment Company is working with a fantastic governing body who provides strategic leadership and vision for protecting and improving the nation’s health. Its ambition is to lead nationally and enable locally a transformation in the health expectations of all people in England regardless of where they live and the circumstance of their birth. It will achieve this through the application of research, knowledge and skills. It is a distinct delivery organisation with operational autonomy to advise and support Government, local authorities in a professionally independent manner.
This role is based in the digital content team. Working with other content designers (editors), delivery managers and the product managers, you will develop an understanding of what users need and how to meet their needs, drawing on insight from user research, analytics, and your professional experience. You’ll then develop and publish the content, working closely with colleagues from your specialist area. This will include commissioning, writing, editing and publishing using a content management system. You’ll be expected to write and edit following a style guide, and get the correct approvals for content.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Develop content for digital channels
- Develop user needs, review existing content against them, identify content gaps and overlaps, and shape and develop content to meet user needs
- Scope, commission, write, edit and publish content to style, using a content management system
- Draw on user research and analytics to develop content that meets users needs
- Coach colleagues so they are able to write in plain English
- Manage relationships with subject matter experts to make sure content is accurate
- Monitor the performance of content and tools, and work with the rest of the digital team to improve them
- Identify ways to improve the content, and work with the team to make these things happen
- Advise colleagues on developing good digital products, outside content itself
- Work in an agile team
- Embed a digital culture with a focus on user needs and delivering services that meet the digital standards
- Educated to degree level or equivalent level of experience working within content creation and management
- Proven experience of writing for the web, with proven ability of creating content that is accessible and usable and meets organisational objectives
- Proven experience in using metrics and user feedback to define/refine content
- Editing complex material into plain English
- Using best practice in writing for the web including using following a style guide, SEO and accessibility
- Ability to work with content management systems and basic image editing
The Digital Recruitment Company is an Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.
To apply for this role please contact us at:
Dylan Billings +44(0) 203 640 2133