The Young Digital Leader Awards are open to any digital professional working in the Digital Sector in the UK who is aged under 30. All achievements must have taken place between September 2015-September 2016.
The full list of entry categories for this year’s awards are as follows:
- YDLA Service Designer of the year
- YDLA UI/UX Designer of the year
- YDLA Client Services Consultant of the year
- YDLA Project Consultant of the year
- YDLA Strategy Consultant of the year
- YDLA Social Media Consultant of year
- YDLA Creative Team of the year
- YDLA Entrepreneur of the year
- YDLA Leader of the year
- YDLA Graduate Campaign Scheme of the year
Deadline for submissions is 19th August.
YDLA Service Designer of the year
This award recognises exceptional individual talent, an enthusiastic service designer should be a creative and analytical thinker, with a solutions-based attitude. The judges will be looking for the following criteria in this category:
- Evidence of taking a leading role within their company and industry.
- Innovative in their way of problem solving ensuring the user and the customer are central to the solution.
- Exciting and innovative use of design
- Evidence of market knowledge, research etc.
- A fluid solution engaging and acknowledging all parts of the problem.
- Evidence of return on investment and success
YDLA UI/UX Designer of the year
The UX Designer of the Year award highlights an individual who has produced exceptional work this field throughout the year on either a single project or group of projects. This award is open to agency or client side UX professionals. The judges will be looking for:
- Strong conceptualization ability, strong visual communication ability, drawing skills and sketchbook technique.
- Evidence of strong planning, project management and problem solving skills in projects worked on.
- Exceptional design skills, production value and attention to detail.
- Exciting use of design tools to push forward innovation in UX
- A strong finished product, with demonstrable results achieved.
- Evidence of product being well-received/delivering ROI.
YDLA Client Services Consultant of the year
Client Services is integral to any digital campaign and this award seeks to identify the best examples of the delivery of top quality results. The criteria for these awards is:
- Evidence of innovative and unique client service delivery.
- Service delivery created to match client, industry and/or sector demand.
- Case study evidence of problems and the solutions found to match these.
- A process and product that clearly engages all stakeholders.
- A clear return on investment
YDLA Project Consultant of the year
Project Consultants are a valued role in any agency, pushing through quality work in tight time frames. This category seeks to recognise Project Managers or Consultants who have created and managed successful projects in the past year. (Accomplishments between Sep 2014-Sep 2015) The judges will be looking for examples of:
- Service delivery created to match client, industry and/or sector demand
- Effectiveness/success of the new innovation.
- Ability to identify potential problems which may occur and offer quality solutions
- Providing support and training to the career development of junior colleagues.
- Evidence of a well-planned project, with all stakeholders engaged. Ability to show cross channel management of team.
YDLA Strategy Consultant of the year
This category rewards an entrant that put together a powerful and consistent strategy throughout the year which allowed their campaign to gain unrivalled interest through several digital platforms and allowed them to achieve their organisational goals. The judges will be looking for an entry featuring:
- Innovative content
- Consistent message
- A progressive and cohesive campaign development strategy.
- Innovative use of technology and wider social media.
- Success in achieving goals.
- Demonstrate how the strategy contributed to business development and attained a return on investment.
YDLA Social Media Consultant of year
The Social Media Consultant of the Year award recognises an exceptional use, engagement and return on investment to a social strategy in the period September 2014-September 2015. The criteria for this award is:
- Evidence of integrated and innovative use of relevant social channels, with demonstrable examples of why certain channels have been chosen to engage with certain audiences.
- Evidence of engaging and relevant content, innovation with content and well-planned social campaigns.
- Demonstrable results, return on investment and how the campaign achieved its’ goals.
YDLA Creative Team of the year
The YDLA Creative Team of the year award is looking to recognise a team that went above and beyond to push the boundaries, change the game and challenge ideas on a single creative project, or group of projects (Accomplishments between Sep 2014-Sept 2015.) We are looking for a creative team that show the following:
- Strong conceptual ideas and evidence of these being followed through and implemented
- A great approach to planning and designing a creative strategy
- Innovative problem solving skills where problems arise
- Demonstrable examples of engagement with all key stakeholders throughout the creative process
- A top-class finished product and results to match.
YDLA Entrepreneur of the year
The YDLA Entrepreneur of the Year award is awarded to the business leader who has made the biggest impact to the industry in the past year. The winner will be the person that has displayed passion and expertise both internally within their business and externally in the wider industry, driving change and inspiring people along the way. The judges will be looking at the following criteria when evaluating this category:
- The business leader who has demonstrated the passion, vision and the drive to succeed.
- An individual who isn’t afraid to take risks to drive their business forward.
- Evidence of a cohesive business strategy and vision that is embraced across the company.
- Evidence of making an impact on the wider industry be it in solving an industry problem, driving forward best practice or contributing thought leadership work.
- Corporate Social Responsibility.
YDLA Leader of the year
This award recognises the most influential leader in the sector, recommended by their peers, for exceptional work in the industry and within their own company. They will consistently be providing opportunities for growth and progression for all members in their organisation and team. They will be consistently innovating and driving forward thinking in their company and in the wider industry. They will be an inspiring influence. The judges will be looking for the following:
- Working with and developing opportunities within their organisation.
- Contributing to the wider industry
- Innovating and pushing forward best practice, both within their organisation and across the wider industry
- Clear quantifiable success within their organisation in the past year.
YDLA Graduate Campaign Scheme of the year
The Graduate Campaign Scheme of the Year award recognises an exceptional use of a structured programme that combines working and training, targeted to recent graduates in the period September 2015-September 2016. The criteria for this award is:
- Evidence of a structured graduate programme – from tailored job roles and bespoke training to clear paths of development.
- Innovative graduate attraction strategy, including social media and other mediums.
- Testimonials from graduates employed on the scheme
- Demonstrable results and achievements from graduate schemes.